Wildland fires such as glass fires and forest fires are one of the largest risks to First Nations in Saskatchewan. The introduction of the urban-wildland interface has created new risks to human life and property requiring special attention on your part.
Did you know most damage to your home and property can be mitigated with proper planning and maintenance?
Did you know the #1 cause of house fires in North America is faulty electrical equipment? Something as simple as charging your phone improperly can cause a serious fire. Follow these tips to help prevent a fire in your home:
Always charge electrical devices with the proper, undamaged cord
Charge electrical devices on a hard-flat surface
Avoid leaving batteries-operated devices plugged in for long periods of time
Inspect devices for signs of battery malfunctions such as excessive heat, bulging, or other damage to the battery
Never leave candles, open flames, or smoking materials unattended
Keep flammable objects well away from heat sources such as furnaces, vents, lights, and fireplaces