The purpose of the Muskoday Economic Development Authority LP (MEDA L.P) is to oversee and make Business Investments to Create Wealth for Muskoday First Nation and its members. We seek an experienced professional with a background in Gas Bar Management to ensure our business operates efficiency and effectively. The full-time position will be based in Muskoday First Nation.
• Gas Bar Daily Operations (opening, closing and month end)
• Direct and oversee the recruitment, selection, training, and development of staff to build and sustain a high performing team.
• Measuring and Managing Performance staff including appraisals, disciplining, coaching, motivation and mentoring.
• Promote collaboration between staff members to develop a productive work environment.
• Ensure compliance with all Provincial labor laws and regulations.
• Schedule and assign employees to meet operational requirements and maximize productivity.
• Develop and implement processes to ensure follow through and completion of tasks.
• Initiate, implement, and monitor MEDA L.P operational and staff policies and procedures.
• Monitoring financial records and reports including sales reports, banking, payroll reporting, Expenditures.
• Analyze and interpret reports to ensure sales and profit goals are achieved.
• Assist in preparation and manage store budgets to meet financial objectives.
• Determine merchandise and services to be sold and control expenditure/ improve cost effectiveness.
• Inventory Management.
• Coordinate Goods and Services contracts to ensure availability of merchandise and services.
• Implement and monitor loss prevention procedures to minimize shrinkage.
• Demonstrate in-depth product knowledge and maintain awareness of new products and services.
• Develop and implement business strategies to attract new customers, expand store traffic and increase sales and profitability.
• Maximize sales potential to meet monthly sales goals.
• Oversee effective merchandise presentation and determine advertising and sales promotions.
• Develop pricing policies in accordance with merchandising and trends.
• Deliver excellent service to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Investigate and effectively address customer complaints and concerns.
• Oversee safety and operational reviews.
• Ensure security of store and merchandise through the implementation of appropriate security systems and measures.
• Comply with safety, health and sanitation best practices and regulations.
• Maintain quality assurance standards.
• Ensure accurate and competitive pricing.
Certificate or bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred 3 – 5 years Gas Bar Management Experience
Working knowledge of relevant computer applications such as Sage Accounting
Must be familiar with on-reserve purchases of fuel and tobacco for First Nation Status Customers. Working knowledge of business management principles and processes
Working knowledge of financial reports, forecasting, budgeting, and pricing
Working knowledge of customer service principles and customer relationship management Experience in performance management, development of staff, scheduling and coordinating staff. Experience in inventory control
Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license. Must have a reliable vehicle.
Ability to work flexible hours. Working Days, Evenings and Weekends Clear Criminal Record check and Vulnerable Sector Check.
Applicant must have an open mind regarding culture.
Hours of operation 7 days a week mornings, evenings, and weekend shift Extended periods of sitting * Lifting heavy and large objects
Travel required * Repetitive work. On going employee training
Compensation – Hourly wage range (depending on experience/education), benefits, 3 weeks vacation and earned days off (one every 3 weeks).
Muskoday First Nation, which is located 25 kilometers south on Hwy3, from Prince Albert SK.
Please submit a cover letter & resume to MEDA LP Executive Director- Ashley Charles (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Deadline: Until a suitable candidate is found