Whitecap Dakota First Nation
Manager, Governance Policy & Implementation
We are a modern and progressive First Nation near Saskatoon and if you are an enthusiastic and dedicated professional, we want to hear from you. We offer competitive compensation, and great benefits! Apply to join our team today and see what the Whitecap Dakota First Nation (WDFN) is all about!
Whitecap Dakota First Nation’s Governance Policy and Implementation Manager will oversee the implementation of Whitecap Dakota First Nation’s (WDFN) self-government agreement implementation plan, applicable policies, and negotiations. They will lead WDFN’s participation in the Implementation Committee and will be responsible for on-going monitoring of WDFN Governance procedures and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties. In accordance with standards of the Whitecap Dakota First Nation and reporting to the Director of Self Government, the Employee will:
- Oversee the negotiation process for Self-government implementation
- Coordinate and manage the implementation of WDFN’s self-government agreement implementation plan, and applicable policies
- Lead WDFN’s participation on the Implementation Committee as provided in the Governance Agreement
- Provide research, operational support as requested or required for the implementation process
- Work with WDFN legal counsel in drafting WDFN laws (Codes, Acts and Policies)
- Work with WDFN Executive in determining legislative priorities for developing new laws
- Work with WDFN Council and the Self-Government Director in the operations of the Whitecap Governance Advisory Committee in the development of WDFN Laws
- Support Governance Department financial management including preparing budget submissions, managing specific budgets, and preparing reports.
- Deliver presentations to WFN staff and outside delegations
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Self-Government
Education and Experience Requirements
- Degree or graduate degree (preferred) in public policy, administration, or law
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years experience working in governance, preferably First Nations governance
- Demonstrated experience on policy work and projects
- Demonstrated budget management, including preparation of proposals, reporting on funding, budget development and tracking
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong communications skills, including writing
The successful candidate will be subject to an acceptable Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
- Benefit and Pension Eligibility
- Eligibility for a subsidy of regular rates at the Whitecap Early Learning Centre.
Download Job Description
- Submit cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- APPLY BY: March 31, 2023
- We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.