One Arrow First Nation
POSITION: Parent Enrichment Worker
2 FULL-TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE
REPORTING TO: DIRECTOR OF CHILD SAFETY SERVICES
The Parent Enrichment Worker is responsible for providing direct support services that promote wellness and healthy lifestyles by maintaining family unit and well-being of the children.
The Parent Enrichment Worker will be responsible for program, technical and administrative assistance and support through home visits, screening assessment, referral and case management services to families as well as providing linkage and access to community-based services, resources and programs.
This role will provide families with support, parenting education, aiding and coaching.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Always maintain strict confidentiality.
- Work closely and cooperatively with One Arrow Chief and Council, Director of Child Safety Services, Program Managers, frontline workers and other support service providers.
- Work within the Child Safety Services department to support family centered care.
- Ensure that confidential and appropriate family focused services, education and support is provided to families and the community.
- Promote and provide information on effective and healthy lifestyle choices, especially parenting in individual sessions and group settings.
- Assist in identifying the family strengths and the need for family support services and possible resources available. Provide information, advocacy, and support services.
- Be familiar with other services and resources within the community, work closely with them to provide information and support as needed. Ensure that information of available services and supports are communicate to the family.
- Have an awareness of indicators of child abuse and neglect and communicate risk to appropriate authority as per duty to report.
- Provide monthly case reports as required.
- Maintain statistical data and prepare monthly, interim and final activity reports as needed by the community.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Child Safety Services within scope of duties.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to build positive relationships with clients, internal and external resources, team members and administration.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and collaborative working relationships with co-workers and community members at all levels in order to achieve common goals in the are of healthy child parenting, recognizing child abuse, neglect and familiarizing community members with community initiatives and community-based programming.
- Have strong team building skills and a positive professional work ethic.
- Demonstrate ability to be a positive role model.
- Ability to speak Nehiyaw, effective understanding of the Cree culture and spirituality is considered an asset.
- An understanding of One Arrow First Nation laws and values is considered an asset.
- An understanding of family-of-origin issues and their impact on the family and the community
- Must have a solid understanding of healthy family functioning.
- Knowledge of First Nations history and the effects of colonization.
- Ability to support the family through challenges, conflicts and changes through effective communication, problem solving and decision-making techniques.
- Working knowledge of PC software applications (MSS Office applications, internet, database familiarity).
- Willing to work flexible hours with some possible evening and weekend work.
- Willing to learn case management, crisis intervention strategies and best practice standards.
- Travel required in all kinds of weather.
Qualifications and Education:
- BISW or BSW with relevant Human Services experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Must submit a criminal record check (CPIC) and Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC).
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary and benefits package
This position is stationed at One Arrow First Nation, which is located 100 kilometers north of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
How to APPLY:
Deadline for submissions: January 31, 2023
Please apply through EMAIL in confidence with a cover letter, resume, a CPIC & VSC and three professional references to:
Arlene Matchap, Human Resources Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Job Description