Summer Student Employment (July to August)
Are you a high school student interested in 2023 Summer Employment in the Muskoday First Nation? If you are a registered MFN band member, and enrolled in Fall 2023 high school classes, a Summer Student role may be the right fit for you! We are looking to hire four (4) motivated and responsible youth/young adults to lend a hand in the community from July – August. With a variety of areas to work, you will gain valuable experience while contributing to your community. You will assist in various tasks: MFN Community clean-up & maintenance, cleaning, painting, answering phones, to name a few. If this sounds like a great fit for you, apply today!
- O&M Coordinator
- Income Assistance Coordinator
Duties (including but not limited to):
- Lawn and yard maintenance for community buildings;
- Assisting and working with MFN Elders and Lodge;
- Assisting O&M and Housing efforts;
- Site clean-up for community events and annual pow-wow;
- Assistance with some light custodial duties;
- Basic office duties and assistance with answering phones;
- Ongoing training will be provided as well;
Wage and Conditions:
- Interviews will be held on June 29th and June 30th.
- Full-Time $16.65/hour, Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Some weekend work to assist with MFN Powwow and other weekend activities.
- Exposure to heat, sun, and possibly rain when working outdoors.
- Flexibility needed for summer hours.
- Adaptability to various work sites, as these will change periodically and possibly daily.
- Completed the 2022-2023 year and currently registered as a Full Time student for the 2023-2024 school year;
- Must be a minimum 16 years of age, and/or entering Grade 10.
- Social Insurance Number must be presented before start date.
- Some experience working with outdoor equipment.
- Must be willing to participate in safety training as required.
- Ability to work in a public and office setting.
- Reliable, punctual, and trustworthy.
- Able to work in a team with excellent communication skills.
- Can maintain confidentiality.
- Driver’s License is not required but would be a definite asset.
Deadline: Friday, June 16, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
Please submit your resume with a detailed cover letter outlining your skills, along with one letter of reference from a teacher, principal, mentor, or anyone that can attest to your commitment and efforts in school and community.
Kristen Cameron – Human Resources Officer
*Muskoday First Nation appreciates the interest of all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Late applicants will not be accepted.