Muskeg Lake Cree Nation, ELCC Worker
About Muskeg Lake Cree Nation
Muskeg Lake Cree Nation is a progressive, proud, balanced, and unified Nation; governed by cultural, spiritual, and historical integrity.
The successful candidate will be working in Muskeg Lake Cree Nation, which is located an hour North of Saskatoon. Working in kihiw waciston elementary school, the ELCC worker will perform a variety of duties. The successful candidate will possess a variety of skills and proven abilities working in the area of early childhood development. The Early Learning Center Employee is responsible for providing care and education to young children. They will work under the supervision of the ELCC/HS coordinator and School Principal to ensure the safety, well-being, and development of the children in the program. The ideal candidate will have experience working with children, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a passion for early childhood education.The position entails working collaboratively with ELCC/HS staff, families, and management through planning daily programs such as: small groups, assisting with clerical duties, and extracurricular activities.
- Assist in planning and implementing developmentally appropriate activities for children ages 18 months old to 5 years
- Observe and assess children’s development and progress, and provide feedback to ELCC Coordinator and parents as
- Create a safe and nurturing environment for children, ensuring that all safety and health regulations are followed.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with parents and colleagues, including providing regular updates on children’s
- Maintain accurate records, including attendance, incident reports, and other required
- Assist with meal, snack preparation, and ensure that all dietary restrictions and allergies are
- Support children’s social and emotional development by modeling positive behaviors and providing guidance and support as
- Maintain a clean and organized learning environment, including classroom materials and
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Certificate in Early Childhood Education Level 1 or related field required.
- Previous experience working with young children in an Early Learning Center
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with parents, children, and
- Knowledge of child development, early childhood education, and best practices for working with young children.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a positive and enthusiastic
- Willingness to continuously learn and improve, and to participate in professional development
- Completion of ECE Level 1 or willing to take ECE Level 1 (Funding available)
- If candidates does not have ELC Level 1 they must agree to obtain training within 10 months as part of Probationary Period
- Candidate is able to or be willing to be trained in the daily updates on the “HI Mama” applications for parents and daily reporting
- Ability to speak Cree an asset
- If you are the successful candidate, you must provide a current, original, Canadian Criminal Record Check (CPIC) and Vulnerable Sector
- The Early Learning Center Employee must be able to lift and carry up to fifty pounds, stand and walk for extended periods of time, and engage in physical activities with children. They must also be able to bend, squat, and kneel as needed to interact with children at their level.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The Early Learning Center Employee may be required to perform other duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Apply by sending a resume, cover letter, and three (3) references with subject title “Daycare Worker, #23-14” to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2023, at 4:30 PM CST. Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Download Job Description