Kinistin Wellness Center
Home Care Nurse
The Kinistin Saulteaux Nation (KSN) is seeking a highly motivated individual to fulfil the role of Home Care Nurse.
Under the supervision of the Kinistin Wellness Health Director, the successful applicant’s responsibilities will be to: provide general home care nursing services to residents of Kinistin Saulteaux Nation.
The CHN is required to be professionally trained, a registered member of the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association and, as such, to be knowledgeable and skillful in the nursing process as it relates to health education, health promotion, minor treatment, and preventive services.
As a member of the KSN, the RN will provide nursing services and health programming to community members who require care. The CHN will report directly to the Health Director and will receive clinical support from the Saskatoon Tribal Council. All services provided are to be carried in a fashion that meets KSN Health Services, Saskatoon Tribal Council, First Nation Indian Health Benefits (FNIHB)/Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) Provincial reporting requirements.
- Plan design and Implement Community Health programs such as immunizations, communicable disease, maternal child health and related client records and forms that are applicable to each program.
- Reviewing the documentation of all client files including important meetings with client, family members and health care providers.
- Delivery of educational opportunities as directed by community needs
- Maintaining all statistical reports on file and sending in to STC, ISC/FNIHB each month as per accreditation standards
- Maintaining direct contact with the Health Manager in matters concerning workers and program delivery.
- Submitting monthly reports to Health Manager and prepare an annual report for presentation to the Health Committee.
- Provide training and supervision to auxiliary health staff (i.e. Community Health Resource Worker, Maternal Child Health Worker).
- Communicating with other health care providers i.e., Hospital(s), Medical Services, Tribal Council.
- Participating in Assessment Team and Case Management.
- Provide relevant professional advice to all health staff employed by KSN Health Services, and will consult and share information and advice with the Community Home Care Nurse and Nutritionist (or Aboriginal Diabetes Initiative nurse)
- The CHN will work as part of the KSN Health team to provide and develop the Health Policy; Works closely with Health Committee, Health Manager, First Nation Indian Health Benefits (FNIHB)/Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) and Saskatoon Tribal Council.
- Monitoring medication for clients when necessary.
- Being available for family meetings regarding clients.
- Complying with provisions of the KSN Personnel Policy and other such policies that may be implemented as directed.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with workers and clients.
- travel expenses or work vehicle will be provided
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing from a recognized university OR Diploma in nursing from a recognized post-secondary institution combined with certification, training and courses in Community Health
- 2 Years’ Experience as an RN is preferred
- Case Management and client assessment skills
- Knowledge of nursing scope of practice issues, home and community care-based programs, adult wellness
- Strong commitment to health prevention, promotion and community development
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Excellent communication skills both orally and written
- Establishes and maintains effective interpersonal relationships
- Initiative, judgement, tact and respect for diversity
Official Language Requirement – English Essential, Saulteaux language an asset. Membership in good standing as a registered nurse with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association. Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Salary: To be determined based qualifications and experience.
Kinistin Saulteaux Nation is located approximately 35 minutes southwest of Melfort, Saskatchewan. There are permanent and casual employees in the areas of governance, education, health, community infrastructure, and lands.
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to submit a recent Criminal Record Check with the vulnerable sector check, Driver’s Abstract and copies of credentials and certifications.
Deadline for submissions is until position is filled.
Please apply in confidence with a cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Human Resources
Titled: Home Care Nurse
Kinistin Saulteaux Nation
Tisdale, Saskatchewan SOE 1TO
Fax: (306) 873-3550