Nibwakawigamig – Kinistin Education Centre
Tisdale, Sask. S0E 1T0
Principal: Mr. Cyrus Smokeyday
Job Title: Elementary Teachers
Position: August 22, 2023- June 30, 2024
Location: Kinistin Saulteaux Nation
Term: Full Time
Compensation: Salary based on the Saskatchewan Teachers Federation pay grid with education and experience consideration
The Kinistin First Nation is seeking an enthusiastic Elementary Teacher starting August 22, 2023 to June 30, 2023. Teaching assignments could change within our enrolment numbers. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of the NIBWAKAWIGAMIG EDUCATION CENTRE.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Instruct K-8 program subject areas: Math, Science, ELA, Health, Social Studies etc.
- Demonstrated successful experience as a classroom teacher.
- Demonstrated ability to assess student performance and progress to ensure they are mastering the skills on regular basis.
- Demonstrated willingness to be part of a collaborative educational team.
- Ability to work effectively within an environment which includes developing meaningful and productive relationships with students, parents, professionals and community service agencies.
- Use a variety of activities and instructional methods (songs, stories, media, structured games, art, outdoor activities, etc.) to motivate and stimulate children’s abilities.
- Sending routine and non-routine correspondence to families the confidentiality of families (student
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal as required
- An understanding of the Nakawê Language Nation, is an asset to families
- Maintaining the confidentiality of families (student information)
- Education degree with a valid Saskatchewan “A” Teaching Certficate
The candidate must be punctual, well spoken, efficient, tactful and pleasant on the telephone and in person. In addition the candidate(s) must be computer literate, a problem-solver, ready to find effective solutions. To be able to “go with the flow” on some days is a must! Must have the ability to understand respect and want to learn the beliefs, culture and traditions of our Nakawe Nation.
The Kinistin First Nation invites all interested and qualified Applicants to submit a cover letter and resume identifying qualifications/requirements.
Attention: Human Resources
Fax to (306)873-2887 or email to
We thank all those who apply, however, only those who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
CLOSING DATE FOR RESUMES: Open until position is filled.
Download Job Description