Kinistin Saulteaux Nation
Kinistin Daycare/Headstart Employment Opportunity
POSITION: 3 Early Childhood Educators – Full Time
Reporting directly to the Daycare Coordinator and supervised by the Kinistin Education Principle, the Early Childhood Educator is responsible for carrying out the duties as outlined herein.
- Must understand, support and participate in the community enhancement initiatives in working towards the vision of Kinistin Saulteaux Nation which improves the quality of life for our children, youth, families and Elders.
- Greet parents and discuss their child’s development and accomplishments.
- Develop and carry out programming based on:
- The children’s interests, developmental level and abilities.
- Saulteaux culture and language.
- Maintain center routines and daily schedule.
- Assist the cook in serving snacks and doing clean-up.
- Arrange rooms and equipment for lunch and rest periods.
- Assist children to learn good eating, dressing and toilet habits.
- Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and concerns regarding children.
- Assist supervisor in keeping records.
- Maintain day-care equipment and assist in housekeeping duties.
- Seek additional funding through grants and fund-raising activities to enhance the Daycare program.
- Work with other staff to coordinate completion of above duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Daycare/Headstart Coordinator or Kinistin Education Center Principle within the scope of
- Minimum: Early Childhood Education Orientation, preferably ECE Certificate
- Provide a Criminal Record Check, and Vulnerable Sector Check with your Resume.
- First Aid /CPR Certificate, Safe Food Handling Certificate, and WHMIS
- If individual does not possess ECE certification or the other listed qualifications, must be willing to take classes to complete these within the first year of employment.
- Must provide a Medical Certificate, including TB Test results and Updated Vaccine
- Be able to physically able to lift ‘little ones’ and get ‘down on the floor’ to play with children.
- Valid Saskatchewan driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle is considered an asset and
- The ability to speak Saulteaux, an effective understanding of Saulteaux culture and spirituality, and experience working with First Nations communities is preferred.
- Enjoy spending time with children – observing and playing with them, encouraging their learning, guiding their behavior, helping them solve conflicts.
- Able to model appropriate behavior and language for children.
- Ability to deal creatively and effectively with problems.
- Ability to use different methods to help children learn.
- Open to learning new approaches and methods.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff.
- Patient and kind, but firm when necessary.
- Ability to build healthy relationships with parents, children and staff.
Deadline for Applications: Until Filled
Submit a resume and cover letter via email to:
Kinistin Saulteaux Nation
P.O Box 2590
Download Job Description