Saskatoon Tribal Council
Early Learning Centre Manager – 1 Full-Time
Saskatoon Tribal Council (STC) improves the quality of life of First Nations through mutually beneficial partnerships with community organizations and industry. Opportunities for improved living are accessed through programs and services in health, safety, economic development, education, and financial investments in the broader community. Acting as a representative body for seven First Nations, STC delivers programs and services to those living in member communities and Saskatoon. More information is available at www.sktc.sk.ca.
FIRE: Fairness, Integrity, Respect, Excellence
This position will report to the Director of Education and will manage the day-to-day operations of the Early Learning Centre. Participate in the development, recommendation, and administration of policies, procedures, and processes in support of the Centre operations.
- Develops, recommends, and administers policies, procedures, and processes in support of the Early Learning Centre.
- Implements and monitors compliance with approved policies, procedures, and processes.
- Develop procedures to ensure implementation of licensing requirements and complete annual licensing requirements.
- Provide required internal organizational communications and reporting such as monthly program reports, annual reports, briefing notes, and occurrence reports.
- Work collaboratively with the finance team to maintain and monitor the overall budget for the Early Learning Centre.
- Maintain enrollment through advertisement and the delivery of a quality program.
- Research and apply for additional sources of funding.
- Participates in the development and administration of the Early Learning Centre budget; coordinates the allocation of resources following budget approval; recommends approval of expenditures.
- Collects and analyzes data, performs statistical analysis, and summarizes findings in applicable reports.
- Recruit qualified staff members and arrange staff scheduling to ensure ratios are maintained.
- Conduct regular performance reviews.
- Ensure the overall safety and well-being of children enrolled at the centre.
- Ensure implementation of a developmentally appropriate program through the review of program plans and the active participation and observation of program activities.
- Ensure the implementation of an inclusive program and environment that meets the needs of all children.
- Oversee menu planning.
- Provide families with an orientation to the centre when enrolling.
- Ensure effective communication with families through the implementation of a variety of methods ie. Newsletter.
- Assist families in connecting with agencies and resources as required.
- Address parent concerns in a timely manner.
- Perform other related duties as defined and assigned by the reporting Director or designate on an as-required basis.
Education and Experience
- A completed Early Childhood Education Diploma (Level III);
- Five (5) years of related experience with a demonstrated track record of successful and practical application
- Demonstrated experience managing staff; providing mentorship, coaching, and performance feedback with the ability to motivate others in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint with an ability to easily learn new software applications.
- Experience working within a governance structure in a community development capacity with First Nations; familiarity with First Nations culture, and history is considered an asset.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable provincial, and local laws, rules, regulations, and/or codes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to manage, direct and lead staff to the achievement of goals and priorities.
- Analytical, decision-making, and the ability to recognize challenges, identify causes and provide solutions.
- Dependability: able to work independently, submit accurate documentation, and seek guidance when needed
- Receptive: accept feedback, take ownership of responsibilities, and identifies areas of growth
- Interpersonal Skills: communicates clearly, seeks solutions, and demonstrates flexibility
- Integrity: keep sensitive information confidential and adheres to STC’s policies
- Initiative: seeks opportunities for further development
- Must provide a current original Canadian Criminal Record Check (CPIC) with vulnerable sector search as a condition of employment.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, evenings, and weekends, and to perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Job posting closes February 8, 2023, at 4:30 pm. To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter along with three (3) references to:
Download Job Description
No telephone calls please. Saskatoon Tribal Council appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.